Kalamazoo House Safety & Peace of Mind Protocols.
UPDATED COVID Guidelines:
Kalamazoo House’s Safety & Peace of Mind Protocols
We want our guests to feel as safe and comfortable at the Kalamazoo House as you would in your own home. We always have and will continue to make the health and well-being of our guests and staff our top priority. Please review information about additional changes you can expect when you arrive and during your stay here.
General Property Information
Our property undergoes a daily routine schedule of multiple sanitation cleaning procedures, including the high touch surfaces (doorknobs, handrails, etc.) to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for our guests and staff.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the property.
- We ask if you are NOT fully vaccinated to please wear a mask while inside the Inn.
- Social Distance when you are in any common areas and on the staircases when other guests are nearby.
- The health of our staff members is being carefully monitored. Any staff member that shows any COVID-19 or other viral symptoms are asked to leave, contact their doctor, and self-quarantine, if needed.
- All Suites and common areas have had decorative blankets and pillows removed.
- Bed linens, bathrobes, towels, comforters, and blankets that remain are removed after each guest. These are washed and dried with high heat for it entire cycle to ensure safety.
Check-In Time begins at 3 pm. Earlier arrivals need prior approval. Our side and front entrance is always locked throughout the day. If you arrive and another couple is being checked in, feel free to wait in our parlor to the left of the main entrance while keeping social distancing. Check-ins will be expedited to accommodate minimal contact.
If you prefer a completely contactless self-check-in: please advise us either by email, email@example.com, phone or text us at 269-382-0880. We are delighted to assist and make sure everything is all set up for a “contactless self-check-in”.
Housekeeping During Your Stay
We want to provide you the highest level of service and attention, yet we want you to feel safe as well as our staff members. Therefore, we have implemented a new Daily In-Room Refresh Policy.
We are happy to exchange upon request, fresh towels, bath amenities, and/or removal of trash from your room. Contact by text during office hours at 269-382-0080 for your specific needs. All procedures are subject to changed based on approval and guidance and protocols applicable to MI governmental and CDC authorities.
We will continue with our sit-down served breakfast service. We have incorporated the CDC guidelines by keeping our dining room tables 6-feet apart.
You are welcome to enjoy your Take-Out or Delivery in the dining area, out on the porches (in warmer months), or back to your room.
Departures & Retail Purchases
Check out is 11 am, and there is no formal check out needed. Your final payment will be charged to the credit card on file (unless otherwise noted upon check-in), and a receipt is emailed. Please leave your room key in the room so it can be properly sanitized.
If you wish to make any retail purchases, you can call or text us at 269-382-0880 or see us directly with your purchases.
We truly appreciate your support and care during these unique times as we learn things together. If you have any questions or concerns before, during, or after your stay, please reach out to us directly!! We will get through this and be stronger because of it.
Amy and Jeff Luce, Owner/Innkeepers