Winters are undeniably cold in Michigan, but that’s welcome news for skiers, snowboarders, and lovers of all snow-related activities. There are plenty of places to enjoy some fun in the snow, including a number of trails that are perfect for cross-country skiing in Michigan. It’s fun each winter to head out for an afternoon of fun and exercise, and cross-country skiing in Michigan is perfect for that!
If you’re looking for some of the best places to enjoy cross-country skiing in Michigan, you’re in the right place! There are some great trails in and around Kalamazoo, and when you’re too cold to go any further, the breweries, restaurants, and businesses of downtown Kalamazoo will be more than happy to help you warm back up – not to mention the cozy guest rooms at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast.
Cross-country skiing in Michigan is plenty diverse, too, with trails found at many of the top Michigan State Parks and on local bike trails, hiking trails, and other Nordic Centers around the state. There, you’ll find everything from single-track Nordic-style trails to tracks built for skate-style skiing. You can even find lighted tracks for night skiing.
When it’s time to unwind for the evening, there’s nothing that compares to our Michigan Bed and Breakfast in downtown Kalamazoo. With cozy and romantic guest rooms, an unbeatable location, and the best Midwest hospitality around, you won’t find a better place to stay in Kalamazoo. Book your room at our Michigan Bed and Breakfast today!
Where to Go for Cross-Country Skiing in Michigan
If you’re looking for some of the best cross-country skiing in Michigan, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better home base than downtown Kalamazoo – which also happens to be where you’ll find our amazing Michigan Bed and Breakfast! This winter is the perfect time to turn your adventures into a two-for-one: Great cross-country skiing in Michigan and fabulous fun with us at The Kalamazoo House!
There are a number of great nearby places for cross-country skiing in Michigan, including our local biking and hiking trails. Not only that, but we’re close to some fabulous ski areas like Timber Ridge Ski Area, sledding hills, and more. Kalamazoo really is a great one-stop destination for all your winter fun. Below, we’ve included a few of our favorite places for cross-country skiing in Michigan.
- In the Kalamazoo area, arguably one of the best places to enjoy some cross-country skiing is the Milham Park Golf Club, a trail managed by the Kalamazoo Nordic Skiers organization. This perimeter trail includes two miles of cross-country skiing in Michigan and even holds races throughout the winter.
- Another great place to enjoy some easy, long stretches of cross-country skiing in Michigan is the popular Kal-Haven Trail, a popular multi-use trail throughout the rest of the year.
- Enjoy the beauty of the winter woods while cross-country skiing in Michigan, and head to the looped trails at the nearby Alamo Township Park.
- Head to Schrier Park, where you can find some great cross-country skiing trails. These also connect up to more opportunities for cross-country skiing in Michigan at West Lake Nature Preserve in Portage.
- If you’re looking for more miles of cross-country skiing in Michigan, head to Fort Custer Recreation Area. There are more than 40 miles of trails here.
Warm Up at our Michigan Bed and Breakfast
Cross-country skiing in Michigan is just one of the many exciting things waiting for you in Kalamazoo this winter. It’s a great place to enjoy some quality time together, to start (or finish!) your holiday shopping, and just have a good time. There are always plenty of things to do in Kalamazoo, even in the cold of winter, and we’d love nothing more than to be your home away from home for all of it.
Winter is the perfect season to enjoy some time in the cozy guest rooms at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast. Our Victorian Bed and Breakfast, built in the late 1800s, is undeniably romantic. Moreover, we offer a fantastic range of amenities so you’ll be sure to enjoy all the creature comforts of home throughout your stay.
In the morning, guests will be treated to a fresh, 2-course breakfast made here at the Inn. Our coffee is freshly ground coffee from a local roaster, Magnum Coffee Roastery, and we also serve a selection of juices or teas. Our breakfast selections rotate frequently but are always delicious. You certainly won’t go hungry, and you’ll be well-fueled for even more hours exploring the various cross-country trails and more in the area.
Kalamazoo is a fun and beautiful place to spend some time this winter. Book a room at our Michigan Bed and Breakfast today.