Winters in Michigan can be undeniably cold, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be fun. On the contrary! There are so many wonderful things to do in Kalamazoo this winter that you’ll forget about how cold and dark it is. Not only do the winter snows make Kalamazoo’s already beautiful scenery that much better, but there’s truly something here for everyone. Whether you want to get out and play in the snow and keep warm and explore all things indoors, there are plenty of things to do in Kalamazoo this winter.
Cold weather outside also means warm, cozy spaces inside, especially at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast. Our Bed and Breakfast is well-located in downtown Kalamazoo, close to all of the city’s best breweries, restaurants, museums, parks, and more. If Kalamazoo is Michigan’s center for art, museums, theater, food, and fun, our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast is the epicenter for cozy and romantic escapes. Book your room at the best Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Things to do in Kalamazoo This Winter
Winter is the perfect excuse for some to wear cozy layers and wrap up in warm blankets in front of the fire to read a favorite novel. For others, winter is ripe with opportunities for getting outside and enjoying all of the fantastic things to do in Kalamazoo in winter. Whatever winter means for you, we think you’ll love every second of your time in Kalamazoo.
We say it often, but with such a variety of things to do in Kalamazoo this winter, there is something here for everyone. Here are just a few of our favorite ideas:
- Of the many great things to do in Kalamazoo, our favorite wintertime pastime is to kick back at the local Kalamazoo breweries. There are 13 of them in town and come January, it’ll be time for the annual Kalamazoo Beer Week.
- When it comes to things to do in Kalamazoo in the winter, there’s nothing that beats a tranquil afternoon of cross-country skiing or snowshoeing through our parks and trails.
- If you’re looking for a place to take a stroll through Kalamazoo’s winter wonderland, you can’t beat the Kalamazoo Nature Center or the breathtakingly beautiful Lillian Anderson Arboretum!
- The Kalamazoo Mall is a wonderful place to kick off your holiday shopping this season – but even if you don’t have any shopping to do, there’s something pretty special about wandering the streets under the gentle glow of twinkling lights during winter.
- Head to Kalamazoo’s Echo Valley Winter Park for a bit of fun in the snow this winter! They offer tubing, tobogganing, and fun for all ages!
- Skiing is one of the most popular things to do in Kalamazoo in the winter, and you’ll find it at Timber Ridge Ski Area, which is located about 20 minutes from our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast.
- Cozy up with a deliciously warm cup of coffee or tea at any number of Kalamazoo’s coffee shops. It’s one of our favorite things to do in Kalamazoo on a stormy afternoon, and we think you’ll agree. Great places to try include Black Owl Cafe, Factory Coffee, and Something’s Brewing.
- If you’re looking for some warmer things to do in Kalamazoo this winter, consider taking in a performance at the Kalamazoo State Theatre. It’s a great date-night spot, especially when combined with a dinner at one of Kalamazoo’s best restaurants.
- Enjoy some ice skating at Wings West, The Rink Battle Creek, or the outdoor rink at Millennium Park in Portage.
- Have you ever been glass blowing? It’s a great way to spend a cold winter day, and you can do it at Glass Art Kalamazoo.
Stay at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast This Winter
While it probably goes without saying, one of our absolute favorite things to do in Kalamazoo, especially during the cold months of winter, is to curl up in the cozy guest rooms at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast, forgetting about the world outside for just a few hours. Our Victorian Bed and Breakfast, built in the late 1800s, is undeniably romantic, which is evident in the unique and luxurious appointments found throughout the Inn.
In the morning, guests will be treated to a fresh, 2-course breakfast made here at the Inn. Our coffee is freshly ground coffee from a local roaster, Magnum Coffee Roastery, and we also serve a selection of juices or teas. Our breakfast selections rotate frequently but feature a range of delightful recipes, including things like Raspberry-Stuffed Croissant French Toast or our savory Roast Red Pepper, Spinach, and Parmesan Frittata. You certainly won’t go hungry, and you’ll be well-fueled for the entire day of adventure ahead.
Kalamazoo is a fun and beautiful place to spend some time this winter. Are you ready to see it for yourself? Book a room at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast today.