Earlier this spring, we wrote about the incredible Kal Haven Trail, which connects downtown Kalamazoo to beautiful South Haven, Michigan. It’s a remarkable trail, but it’s just one of the many great Michigan Bike Trails worth riding in the area. Kalamazoo is actually a very bike-friendly city.
Between your adventures on the top Michigan bike trails – and maybe a trip to a local brewery or two – you’ll need a great place to unwind. That’s precisely what you’ll find at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast. We’re conveniently located in downtown Kalamazoo, offering you easy access to the top restaurants, bars, breweries, shops, and more. With comfortable guest rooms, a delicious breakfast each morning of your stay, and plenty of terrific amenities, there’s no better place to stay in Kalamazoo.
We’ll be here waiting when you’re ready to hit great Michigan bike trails. Book your room at our downtown Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast today!
6 Best Michigan Bike Trails to Ride This Summer
We mentioned that Kalamazoo is a bike-friendly destination – thanks to the ever-expanding network of roads and Michigan bike trails in the area. These scenic Michigan bike trails are one of the best ways to explore Kalamazoo’s stunning natural scenery. Not only that, but there’s a bike trail for every experience level, making it an activity that just about anyone can participate in.
Kalamazoo is also one of the many cities along the Great Lake to Lake Trail – one of the premier Michigan bike trails in the state. It offers 275 incredible miles of scenery and is truly one of the coolest ways to experience the state. Aside from this, we’ve compiled a list of some of the top Michigan bike trails in and around Kalamazoo.
- Kal Haven Trail is one of the best Michigan bike trails around, as it meanders 33 beautiful miles from Kalamazoo to the coastal town of South Haven.
- The Al Sabo Land Preserve is also an excellent place for biking in Kalamazoo. There are several trails here that navigate through the wetlands.
- There are more than 40 Michigan bike trails in the Fort Custer Recreation Area, not to mention great hiking, fishing, and paddling.
- The nearby town of Portage is home to the lovely Portage Bikeway, which offers more than 55 miles and a great diversity of Michigan bike trails to enjoy.
- If you’re looking for some mountain biking, we recommend heading to the Maple Hill Trail.
- The Kalamazoo River Valley Trail is one of the area’s newest Michigan bike trails, proving immensely popular! It will eventually be a big connector trail to some of the most significant Michigan bike trails in the area, including Battle Creek Linear Park, the Kal-Haven Trail, and the Portage Bicentennial Park Trail.
You’re welcome to bring your bike to our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast, but you can also rent one in downtown Kalamazoo.
The Best Place to Stay in Downtown Kalamazoo
Riding these Michigan bike trails is a great way to explore the area and a suitable activity throughout most of the year. As wonderful as they are, they are just one of the many things to do in Kalamazoo. While you’re enjoying your time in downtown Kalamazoo and exploring all these great things to do in the area, make sure to spend a few days with us. Our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast offers guests the ultimate in comfort, convenience, location, and hospitality.
Sink into one of our ten comfortable guest rooms at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast, each of which comes standard with a broad range of high-end amenities. We’ll treat you to a delicious homecooked breakfast each morning of your stay, providing the perfect fuel for all your adventures. From start to finish, the experience you’ll have at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast will far exceed anything you’ll experience at a traditional hotel.
Whether you’re in town visiting friends or family or are just looking for a bit of adventure, we hope you take the time to enjoy a bit of downtown Kalamazoo with us this summer – starting, of course, with these fantastic Michigan bike trails. Book your room at our Kalamazoo Bed and Breakfast today!